Tuesday, August 2, 2011

DIY: The Girly Tee!

I came across a sweet Ramones t-shirt last week at my office- score!  Only problem was that it was a size 2X-Large...wah wah.  But fear not, I decided to bust out my sewing machine and make a stop to the fabric store after work to pick up some cute lace trim and got to work.
Here is the ginormous shirt in its original state (aka the size of my coffee table):
 I basically cut all the excess fabric away to make it a sleeveless, cropped shirt to fit me.  From 2XL to XS with the snip of a scissor!
I took in the sides, hemmed the raw edges and added some girly flair to the collar.  And here is now one of my favorite new t-shirts for the price of about $1!
(along with Steve Madden shoes, Free People cut offs and thrifted belt)

4 comments:

  1. this is sooooo cute I love what you did with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What a great diy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving how you DIY'ed this tee, it looks amazing now! Thanks for sharing! xoxo, Veena <3

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete