Tuesday, May 31, 2011

DIY: Studded Sneakers

 I've seen the studded Chuck Taylor's for sale forever but never wanted to pay the hefty price tag (I save that for the real knock out shoes!)  Hello DIY!

All you need is:
  • A pair of Converse Hi Top Chuck Taylors
  • Pyramid Studs with prongs (iron ons won't quite cut it)
  • A flat head screwdriver, butter knife, or any tool with a flat surface
Just poke each stud through the canvas and flatten the prongs with your tool and...VIOLA!
I ended up using 27 per sneaker.  I plan on adding another row or so, but by the time I finished putting 54 in, I literally lost some feeling in a few of my fingers.  So now that I have the feeling back I can go in and add in a few more!

7 comments:

  1. love this! i've always thought converse were a bit boring but you've totally jazzed them up so good and now i really want a pair. awwwww
    xx

    http://thehemlinesandtheheadlines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I wish I had this talent. Not very crafty when it comes to this. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks loves! despite the finger pain I was pleased with the result! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are totally gorgeous! Lovely DIY, it looks so professional! lots of love from your follower, Veena <3

    http://seven-inch-stilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Customising makes accessories unique!! ;)
    nice blog!

    ReplyDelete